SIMULASI Test HSK TERBARU 2018January, 09, 2018
Chinese Language Preparation for International Students in China
Chinese is the major teaching language for International in Chinese universities. Books, periodicals, and reference materials in university libraries and archives are mostly in Chinese. International students have to have a command of Chinese to a certain level in order to finish their studies smoothly.
Undergraduate, Master Degree or PhD students and Visiting scholars who didn’t learn Chinese or whose Chinese proficiency doesn’t meet the needs of subject studies before coming to China, have to learn basic Chinese for one or two school years upon arrival. Visiting scholars and graduate students who are taught directly in foreign languages, still need to pick up some Chinese for the convenience of daily life and study.
The HSK Certificate serves
- to certify that the holder has obtained the required Chinese Proficiency to enter a college or university as an undergraduate or graduate student.
- to certify that the holder can be exempt from studying Chinese courses depending on the level of certification.
- as a basis for the employment institutions to evaluate the Chinese proficiency of their employees.
The new HSK consists of two independent parts: written test and oral test. The written test can be divided into six levels from HSK-Level 1 to HSK-Level 6. As a test of general language proficiency, HSK is differentiated by six new levels of difficulty, while the oral test can be divided into three levels of HSK (Basic), HSK (Elementary-Intermediate), HSK (Advanced), and the candidates’ on-site performance will be recorded.Intermediate level C required for admission to a college or university of arts, such as Chinese literature, history, philosophy, etc. and Chinese medicine.
- HSK-Level 1: Examination candidate who reach HSK-Level 1 can understand and use simple words and sentences to fulfill specific communication needs and have a foundation for the further study of Chinese.
- HSK-Level 2: Examination candidates who reach HSK-Level 2 can communicate simply and directly on daily topics they are familiar with. Level 2 have reached the advanced stage of beginner level.
- HSK-Level 3: Examination candidates who reach HSK-Level 3 can complete basic communication tasks in daily life, study and work. If traveling in China, Level 3 can handle most communication tasks they encounter.
- HSK-Level 4: Examination candidate who reach HSK Level 4 can discuss a relatively wide range of topics in Chinese and are able to communicate with native speakers.
- HSK-Level 5: Examination candidates who reach HSK-Level 5 can read Chinese newspapers and magazines, appreciate Chinese films and television, and are able to write and deliver a full speech.
- HSK-Level 6: Examination candidates who reach HSK-Level 6 can easily understand what they read and listen and express themselves fluently in written and oral Chinese.
According to the regulations made by the State Education Commission of China, any foreign student who wants to apply for undergraduate programs in universities in China must take HSK and receive at least one of the following certificates:
- New HSK Band 4 required for admission to a college or university of arts, such as Chinese literature, history, philosophy, etc. and Chinese medicine.
- New HSK Band 3 required for admission to a college or university of science or technology.
PERIOD OF VALIDITY
The HSK certificate has permanent validity, whereas the period of validity of the score report, as a certification for foreign students to enter a college or university in China, is two years (beginning from the date when the test is administered).
The comparison among the written test of new HSK, Chinese Language Proficiency Scales for Speakers of Other Language and The Common European Reference for Language (CEF) is as follows.
Students generally based decision on which level to take on (1) purpose for taking the test and (2) current language proficiency and competency. The six levels of difficulty forms a comprehensive testing system, ranging from beginning to advanced levels.
- HSK-Level 1: This is catered to students that have taken one semester/6 months of Chinese (Chinese 101).
- HSK-Level 2: This is catered to students that have taken two semesters of Chinese (Chinese 102).
- HSK-Level 3: This is catered to students that have taken three semesters (a year and half) of Chinese (Chinese 201).
- HSK-Level 4: This is catered to students that have taken four semesters/two years of Chinese (Chinese 202).
- HSK-Level 5: This is catered to students that have taken more than two years of Chinese (Chinese 302).
- HSK-Level 6: This is catered to students that have a vocabulary of 5000 or more words.